Drive the 2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe – Get a Wave!
We took a multigenerational road trip from North Texas to Central Kansas with optimistic feelings that our time together would be memorable and perfect. My mom, son, and I were ready to tackle this trip with the 2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe Unlimited Rubicon by our side. Disclosure: I was given the Jeep Wrangler 4xe loaner to drive from Texas to Kansas on a long road trip.
- Mitsubishi Outlander Sport 2019 Review
- Luxury 2017 Toyota Highlander Hybrid XLE
- Behind the Wheel – 2018 Toyota 4Runner SUV
- 2021 Chevy Trailblazer AWD RS Review
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe Review
The ultimate jeep of all jeeps right here. I’m in love with this vehicle from inside to out. I love the feel it has inside. My family loved it too. With outlets in the backseat, my kid was happy that he got to plug in this Switch and played it the entire trip. My mom was happy because she was comfortable, and she could control the A/C on her side. And, I was elated by the convenience of being in the driver’s seat of this beautiful Jeep. Not to mention, everything I needed was in proximity of my reach – a perfect ride for sure!
All I could think about was how lucky I was to be driving this good-looking Jeep Wrangler 4xe. When traveling with an older person and an 11-year-old, you need to make sure the ride is comfortable and fun. Not only was the Wrangler top-notch, but we also had a great time and made lots of memories along the way. I would give anything to drive this Jeep one more time!
Our road trip was long, but a success, and honestly, the Wrangler was a considerable part of that success. Where else can you get 80 years of experience taking on road trips — Jeep, that’s where! I was worried that my mom wouldn’t be comfortable on our long road trip, but she was. She even hopped in the passenger seat like a pro and never complained. My son was completely oblivious to anything going on around him. He had his Nintendo game plugged in, and he was set for the long haul. The Jeep Wrangler suited us so much, and the color isn’t wrong either. I have wanted this Jeep for all time!!
Why The Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Is So Special
The Wrangler 4xe’s plug-in hybrid powertrain can be 21 miles of nearly silent, zero-emission electric-only propulsion. It makes it commuter-friendly as an all-electric daily driver without range anxiety.
• Hybrid: Easy-peasy – all you need to do is insert the AC plug into a regular outlet in your garage or wherever you have one outside. No need to have a charging station at home. Then take the charger and insert it into the charging area on the car. See the video. Charge it for 6-8 hours, and you’re good to go 25 miles. Isn’t wasn’t worth it to me to go 25 miles in EV mode for an 8-hour charge, but then again, it’s a nice feature to have.
• Electric: The powertrain operates on zero-emission electric power only until the battery reaches the minimum charge or the driver requests more torque (such as wide-open throttle), which engages the 2.0-liter engine
• eSave: Prioritizes propulsion from the 2.0-liter engine, saving the battery charge for later use such as EV off-roading or urban areas where internal combustion propulsion is restricted. The driver can also choose between Battery Save and Battery Charge during eSave via the Hybrid Electric Pages in the Uconnect monitor.
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe Price
You’ll want to know the juicy part of this vehicle.
- The base price of the 4xe: is $51,695
- Firecracker red: $245
- Leather-trimmed bucket seats: $1,695
- Cold weather group (heated front seats and remote-start system): $995
- Trailer tow and heavy-duty electrical group*: $795
- ParkSense rear park assist system: $995
- Advanced Safety Group*: $795
- Steel front and rear bumper: $1,745
- All-weather floor mats by Mopar: $165
- Remote keyless entry: $645
- Price of the 2021 Jeep Wranger 4xe I drove with $1,495 destination charge: $61,265
Specs To Know About
- 370 Horsepower
- 8-Speed Automatic 8P75PH PHEV Transmission
- 20.5 MPG
- Hybrid – 6-8 hours charging time
- 470 lb-ft of torque
- 2.0L 14 DOHC DI Turbo PHEV Engine
- Drive modes:
- Four USB ports
- Annual fuel costs: $1,700
- Soft Top
Who Will Love This Jeep Wrangler 4xe
- Small families who love adventures
- Anyone who gets a kick out of off-roading
- The sustainable driver/adventurer
- People who love to have a good time
- Singles, heck anyone who loves a head turn and the “wave.”
- Jeep lovers
- Drivers who love to drive with the top off
Things I Love About The 2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe
- I LOVED the Firecracker red
- EV Mode – Easy plug-in/Easy charge
- Seamless transition from electric to gas and vice versa
- It is a nice luxury ride and feels. We were comfortable for our entire road trip.
- The kid was delighted in the backseat – thanks to the plugin back there!
- There was lots of room – three people with many bags, food, drinks, and everything else we took fit right in.