These classic songs to sing around the campfire will remind you of your younger days!
Back in the day, when my friend would whip out his guitar and start playing rock & roll classic songs like “Amie” by Pure Prairie League, we would sing along with him. Today, I can’t help but think about the good ole days when we would sing songs at parties and in my living room. Those were fun times! Now, our favorite songs back then are played everywhere…even outdoors. These Classic Songs to Sing Around the Campfire, may bring back some memories for many of you. I cringe every time I hear one.
Classic Songs To Sing Around The Campfire
A weekend of camping is the best time with family and friends. Our favorite part of the weekend was around the campfire, roasting marshmallows for s’ mores. I tried to break out a catchy tune by Johnny Cash, but they weren’t. They didn’t like my singing, or everyone was too busy stuffing their mouths. Not only that, but I even talked about those camp songs we sang as young kids.
Related: Chicken Foil Campfire Dinner Recipe
I finally got a fire pit for my backyard and hadn’t even roasted a marshmallow yet. So, I’m excited to have a few friends over for s’ mores and campfire sing-alongs. I’m sure these classic songs (in no particular order) will spark some interest in singing –at least, I hope so. I hope to ask a friend over that has a guitar because it’s always easier to sing when there’s music involved. Plus, I’m sure since he or she knows how to play the guitar, surely they would know a known song or two!
Related: Easy to Prepare Campfire Dinners
Whether gathering around a campfire during a weekend camping out or enjoying a peaceful night around a fire pit in your backyard, there are some awesome classic hits to sing that everyone probably knows a word or two and can join in. Whether it’s a love song, simple song, classic song, or country song, start it off, and I bet someone in your group will join in.
24 Campfire Song to Sing Around the Fire
- “Brown Eyed Girl” by Van Morrison: Van Morrison released this song in June 1967, proving to be one of the biggest hits of his career.
- “Down on the Corner” by Creedence Clearwater Revival is about a fictional band that plays on street corners to cheer people up and asks for nickels in return.
- “Let It Be” by The Beatles is the recreation of Paul McCartney’s dream of his mother, who died of cancer.
- “Take Me Home, Country Roads” by John Denver: Released in 1971 on his album “Poems, Prayers & Promises.” It quickly became a hit and is one of Denver’s most popular songs.
- “Stairway to Heaven” by Led Zeppelin is one of the best rock songs of all time.
- “American Pie” – Don McLean first performed that song at Temple University in Philadelphia, Penn., in March 1971.
- “Sweet Home Alabama” by Lynyrd Skynyrd: It was his response to Neil Young’s “Southern Man” and “Alabama.”
- “Margaritaville” by Jimmy Buffet: Debuted in 1977 and written about a drink (the margarita!) that he tried at a restaurant in Austin.
- “Hotel California” is one of the Eagles’ most well-known songs; it was recorded in February 1977.
- “Free Fallin” – Tom Petty launched his hit song in 1989.
- “Wonderwall” by Oasis: That album became the second best-selling British album of all time just a year after its release.
- “Good Riddance (Time Of Your Life)” by Green Day
- “Ring Of Fire” by Johnny Cash
- “Sweet Caroline” by Neil Diamond
- “Here Comes The Sun” by John Lennon
- Another excellent choice by The Beatles is “Yellow Submarine.”
- “Like A Rolling Stone” by Bob Dylan
- “Start Me Up” by Rolling Stones
- “Proud Mary” by Tina Turner
- “Wagon Wheel” by Darius Rucker
- “Daydream Believer” by The Monkees
- “House Of The Rising Sun” by The Animals
- (Sittin’ On) The Dock Of The Bay” by Otis Redding – another memorable song to sing all together!
- “You’ve Got A Friend” by James Taylor – a song a couple of my friends sang in a talent show.
Kid’s Song Around The Campfire
And a great song for young children is “Boom Chicka Boom” or “Going On A Bear Hunt,” both by The Kiboomers.
What’s one of the best campfire songs you’ve sung, perhaps at summer camp? Do you play these songs around the campfire, at parties, or at get-togethers? What is your all-time favorite song to sing around the campfire?
There’s no excuse to sing your favorite song on your next camping trip. Start with the first verse of a simple tune, and you’ll be a pro before you know it. What a better way to get the whole family together?
One last good song not mentioned above is by Ben E. King – “Stand By Me” – don’t forget this one!
Connect with My Traveling Roads on Instagram – https://instagram.com/mytravelingroads
How fun to enjoy time with family – especially with music! I love that firewood rack – going to check that out! 🙂 #WayfairHomemakers
This is a awesome music list! I’m definitely going to have to save it for the next time we have a bonfire.
Where is the classic “kumbaya.” Lol. Being a transplant to Texas, I love “Deep in the Heart of Texas.”
Now, if that’s not a Girl/Boy Scout song, I wouldn’t know it!! Many many years ago we sang that song…and still do. So….I’ll add it to my list too!!