Are you looking for a way to stay fit while traveling? I have a solution that I think you’ll love…and you can do right in your hotel room or wherever you may be while traveling and not at home. If you are 50 and over, I encourage you to look at these tips to stay active while traveling so you can be the best you can be. After all, being healthy is what it’s all about, and that makes us feel good. I am participating in this program with Silver&Fit as part of a paid program. All opinions are my own.
The best way to stay active while traveling is right in front of you.
Traveling is delightful as you get to go to new places, experience new things, learn about the history of towns you visit and enjoy food options that you may have never experienced before. And that goes for business travel as well. I suppose traveling for vacation is more attractive than traveling because you have to. But still, traveling around the world is knowledge, and knowledge is key to living a happy, healthy life.
But what about staying active and fit while traveling. Travelers sometimes forget that it’s important to stay fit even if you’re far away from home. I’m guilty of it. What if I told you you could travel all you want and exercise until your heart is full? Well, you can. Keep reading for tips and nohow.
Staying Active While Traveling
While traveling can bring on a lot of happiness, it can also play havoc on our bodies if we give up exercising while on the road. But, you don’t have to with a program that is easy to accomplish right in your hotel room or right in front of you. You no longer have to forfeit your fitness routine while not at home. This happens to the best of us, but there are ways to stay active and healthy while traveling with little to no effort. Whether we travel by air, car, boat, or train, we catch ourselves sitting longer than we’re used to, or we intend to. So staying active while traveling is necessary.
We all need to get some exercise every day. That’s easy for some, but not so easy for others, especially when we travel for a living.
Tips To Stay Active While Traveling
- In well-lit areas, park your car far enough to give you a good walk to your destination.
- Take the stairs whenever you can.
- Take a 30-minute exercise class by Silver&Fit on Facebook or Silver&Fit on YouTube.
- After a good workout, drink lots of water.
- If road-tripping, take breaks and walk around, especially on long trips.
- Remembering how you felt when you do exercise.
The Silver&Fit Program
Yes, staying active and moving is possibly in your hotel room. All you need is your laptop, computer, or TV and have access to Facebook or YouTube. The Silver&Fit program can help with these things below.
- Helps older adults stay active and healthy by offering daily Facebook Live and YouTube classes.
- Each class is fun, motivating, and effective.
- These exercise classes can be done anywhere – perfect for when traveling.
- It’s the best way to stay active while traveling.
- There is a class for everyone with different levels available.
- Silver&Fit offers 9 live classes per day, 6 days a week streamed live on Facebook and YouTube.
- Take classes when you want to. Take them Live or recorded.
- Instructors will let you know what you need. Don’t worry if you do not have certain equipment. Use what you have (like a towel or pillow).
- All classes are free.
It’s Easy To Exercise In Your Hotel Room
All you have to do is set up your workout station, be sure to have a bottle of water handy, and find that perfect spot. I found the perfect spot between the beds in my hotel room. Some hotel rooms are bigger than others, and this one happened not to be one of them. So, when my friend and I were on a girlfriend getaway, I took 30 minutes in the morning to take a class while she filmed me. Then it was her turn. Yes, we laughed…a lot, I’ll admit, but we both managed to follow along and get a good workout.
We both took the Advanced Strength class with Penny on YouTube. We both felt it in our knees and thighs, but boy, it felt good knowing we got a good workout in before heading out for the day.
So, what do you think? Can you do it? Sure you can. Get started today at Silver&Fit. And, remember, all exercise classes are free!
Me and my friend on a girl’s weekend in South Central Oklahoma after a morning of exercising. You don’t always have to have a support system, but it’s extra special when you do.
There you have it, a few tips to help you stay active and healthy while traveling. Don’t give up, and keep moving!