You’re planning a road trip this summer or in the Fall and want to know some tasty and healthy homemade road trip snacks to take along with you. You came to the right place. I’ve gathered 15 yummy recipes from my friends and me. Read on.
Here are 15 homemade road trip snacks for your next adventure!
Since more and more road trips are happening this summer and beyond into Fall, I wanted to prepare you and me for the car ride with healthy snacks that can easily be consumed in the car and for the driver. With a little preparation, you’ll have healthy food to take along on those long road trips. If you have kids like mine, you’ll want lots of snacks they can munch on so you don’t have to stop every hour! It’s those important things.
Plan your healthy car snacks now so you won’t be tempted to stop at a fast-food chain or grab candy bars while getting gas.
Your kids are hungry – so let’s feed them! Prepare yourself because my friends know how to make the best healthy road trip snacks – some are even “no-bake.”
Healthy Homemade Road Trip Snacks
- Nut Butter Oatmeal Protein Balls – These yummy nut butter oatmeal protein balls are easy to make.
- No-Bake Vegan Brownies are rich and fudgy and secretly healthy!
- Healthy Homemade Trail Mix Recipe – Lip-smacking healthy homemade trail mix recipe made with oven-roasted oats and nuts.
- Sconces, Cookies, Bars, Oh My – nothing like buying “already” homemade goodness that’s packaged and ready for the road. That’s what you’ll find at Seven Sisters Scones.
- Banana Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies – These homemade 3-ingredient oatmeal cookies are super easy to make and naturally sweet and delicious.
- Homemade Strawberry Fruit Snacks – simple to make and a hit with the kids. These homemade strawberry fruit snacks are a healthy and inexpensive alternative to store-bought snacks.
- Trail Mix Cookies – try these trail mix cookies with pumpkin seeds on your next road trip. I bet your kids will want more.
- Homemade Apple Muffins – homemade muffins like these Apple Muffins are perfect for road trips.
- Sweet and Salty Popcorn Snack Mix – A smooth no-bake popcorn snack mix with sweet & salty ingredients from your pantry!
- No-Bake Rocky Road Chocolate Bars – These no-bake healthy rocky road bars are made with rice cakes, so they’re light and healthy. But it’s the ‘rocky road’ part that makes them irresistible!
- Crepes and Pancakes To Go – though these crepes and pancakes to go are not homemade by you, they are packaged individually and ready to pack in your road trip food bag. Get 10% off of your entire order for new customers.
- Mini Peanut Butter Banana Muffins – Mini Peanut Butter Banana Muffins are not only adorable but delicious.
- Cinnamon Spice Cococunt Chips – these will be your new favorite snacks!
- Healthy Brownie Bites with Medjool Dates – don’t let the name scare you. Kids love ’em!
- Carrot Cake Protein Bars – completely vegan; no cooking required
AND…if you’re looking to road trip somewhere in Texas, check out our Tiny Cabin Camping in East Texas. It’s a fun way to camp!