My homemade toothpaste is fluoride-free, preservative-free, glycerin-free, and tastes good! Make your own DIY natural toothpaste with doTerra, and I bet you’ll never use anything else! I use 100% pure Essential Oils in all my DIY’s.
Try this DIY Natural Toothpaste with doTerra and you’ll never buy store-bought again!
Have you done your research on fluoride? It’s a toxic chemical, so you may want to look it up. I personally do not use it. This DIY doTerra toothpaste is all-natural.
How to Make Natural Toothpaste with doTerra
- 1/4 cup baking soda
- 1/4 cup organic coconut oil (not the liquid kind)
- 1 packet or 1/4 tsp 100% Natural Stevia or Truvia
- dash of salt or Pink Himalayan salt (buy the highest quality)
- 3-5 drops doTerra OnGuard (doTerra Cinnamon essential oil can also be used in place of OnGuard)
- 5-10 drops doTerra Peppermint essential oil
Note: The above picture shows a double recipe.
- Mix baking soda, coconut oil, Stevia, and salt until it becomes a paste.
- You may want to add the salt a little at a time for test-tasting as it WILL make the paste pretty salty. I’ve read that salt is an excellent mineral for your teeth. If you don’t like the salty taste, you can leave it out.
- Always drop essential oils last, and one drop at a time. Stir and taste.
- Store in a glass jar with a tight lid and use it every day! Safe for kids.
This DIY natural toothpaste recipe is indeed one that can be tweaked after the above method has been made.
Glycerin In Toothpaste
There’s been some hype about glycerin over time leaving a film on your teeth. I was going to include it in my homemade toothpaste, but since finding this out, I decided not to. Be your own judge on whether to use glycerin in your homemade version. Making natural toothpaste with doTerra has enormous benefits because you can add what works for you and your family.
Something else to think about too is that dentists typically say that fluoride is beneficial when applied to the teeth of children. But again, you be the judge.
If you’re looking for100% pure essential oils to buy to make your own natural toothpaste and other home & body products, be sure to check out my doTerra Independent Wellness Advocate link for everything you’ll need. Most importantly, if you ever have a question about doTerra, you can always contact me at [email protected]