Escape to Barnsley Resort in North Georgia for fun and adventure.
Barnsley Resort is a historic southern estate located in North Georgia in Adairsville, GA, between Atlanta and Chattanooga, about an hour’s drive each way. It boasts a history dating back to 1840 when the Barnsley family bought 4000 acres to build a mansion. The upscale resort is so beautiful during the holidays, but an escape to Barnsley Resort is perfect for families and couples any time of the year.
I was invited to stay at the resort to write a review article for an online magazine. All opinions and photos are my own.
Lucky me, I was there in December (2022). I got to experience a holiday ensemble of holiday wreaths on every door and every window, real Christmas trees in the village, holiday lights at night that lit up the village like magic, and one-of-a-kind holiday tablescapes. It was overcast and raining the whole time I was there, but that never stopped us from having a good time.
NEXT READ: Margaritaville Resort Lake Conroe Texas
Escape To Barnsley Resort
Barnsley Resort is a charming 3,000-acre resort in the countryside. The resort was built in 1853 and has welcomed guests for many years. Guests can enjoy activities such as hiking, horseback riding, swimming, and more.
If you’re looking for a fun weekend getaway or an exciting vacation with your family, Barnsley Resort has plenty to offer!
The History of Manor House Ruins
One of the most notable features of Barnsley Resort is the iconic Manor House Ruins.
There are over fifty rooms and suites in the Inn and 39 cottages throughout the property surrounding the village that is perfect for families and couples. Some cottages are pet-friendly with no weight limit. Parking at the resort is free.
Barnsley Resort is a historic southern estate with unmatched amenities, including a championship golf course, horseback riding, and an exceptional outdoor pool.
- Complimentary WIFI
- Outdoor pool
- full-service Spa. I recommend the Face Farmacy Facial by Sherry. She was so knowledgeable, and my face felt so good afterward.
- Fitness center
- Golf course
- Onside store & gift shop – extra snacks, jewelry, clothing, and various gift options.
- Community fire pit – meet your friends or make new ones at the community fire pit.
Outdoor Adventure At Barnsley Resort
- Hiking trails
- Horseback riding, including guided trail rides and pony rides for kids
- Canoeing on the lake (canoes available for rent)
- Archery and shooting range, clay shooting, & air rifle
- Beretta Shooting Grounds by High Adventure Company
- Bike rentals
I realize now I am not so good with clay shooting, but darn good at shooting an air rifle.
Authentic Southern Cuisine
You are in the South, so it’s only natural to expect the food here to be some of the best you’ve ever had. Chef Javier and his team at Barnsley Resort want you to experience authentic Southern cuisine at its finest. Only the freshest ingredients from their garden and other local gardens are used in their signature dishes.
Enjoy craft cocktails and elevated Southern fare at Woodlands Grill. Whether you’re craving a hearty charbroiled burger, scalloped risotto, or venison chili, Woodlands Grill has you covered. Whether it’s breakfast time or dinnertime (or both), several options on their menu will make your mouth water just reading about them.
The Beer Garden is open, rain or shine. Enjoy casual breakfast and lunch and local beers on the weekends out in the garden by the fire pit.
The Rice House
Get your tastebuds ready to indulge in sophisticated dishes in this beautiful 19th-century farmhouse restaurant. This signature restaurant recently received some enhancements to its setting and menus. Rice House offers a Farm-to-Fork selection of elevated Southern dishes with Mediterranean inspiration. Plates rotate monthly and showcase ingredients from nearby purveyors and vegetables and herbs from the on-site Barnsley Farm. Dress spiffy – elevated resort casual or evening resort attire is requested.
Travel Tip: The Rice House is open seasonally and on weekends only.
My Favorite Things At Barnsley Resort
- We walked through the English-inspired Village and admired the millions of holiday lights illuminating the resort grounds – specifically the Manor House Ruins and Gardens.
- Southern Georgia hospitality at every venue of the resort
- The country atmosphere – it’s a place where I would live.
- The different colors of the cottages – one after the other with space in between. The porches were so welcoming too.
- Fantastic food – farm-to-table cuisine at all places
- Our wreath-making class – (you too can join in the fun of a wreath-making class in November). Manor House Pavilion, a guide will walk us through wreath making. Once complete, we’ve arranged to spread the holiday cheer by donating the wreaths to Tiger Lily Estates Assisted Living & Memory Care – a local assisted living facility in Cartersville.
Cartersville, GA, is a lovely town nearby to visit if you’ve got the time from all the resort offers. I hope you’ll enjoy some time at Barnsley Resort any time of the year. The people at the resort have put a lot of work into the resort to make guests feel comfortable and happy. So, when will you escape to Barnsley Resort?