Take care of the great outdoors, and it will take care of you!
It’s that time of the year when we are thinking about what we can do to get our family outdoors. While camping and hiking will probably be high on the list, we want to keep in mind that while we’re out and about, we need to be mindful of our environment. With the help of Nomadik, we’ve come up with some simple tips to take care of the great outdoors while having fun.
Simple Tips to Take Care of the Great Outdoors
We want to take care of the environment, and I must teach my son to do so. He is a Cub Scout, and they, of course, teach him this too. He’ll be crossing over to Arrow Of Light (AOL) on Monday. His dad and I are so proud of him.
Take Care of the Great Outdoors with These Tips
- You’ll want to invest in a high-end reusable water bottle that will last. Say goodbye to plastic and save money at the same time.
- You know the Boy Scout motto – “Leave No Trace Behind.” If you don’t know what that means or have never heard of it, it means to clean up after yourself when you leave an area. After camping for the weekend, make sure you leave nothing behind. Leave the area the way you found it.
- Organize your gear in reusable bags or totes. Again, say no to plastic bags that grocery stores use. You’ll find two types of reusable bags in the Reduce, Reuse, Recycle Nomadik Subscription Box.
- Reuse materials at home for new purposes, such as lint and toilet paper rolls for an instant fire starter!
- If you haven’t already, put a box or container in the kitchen and the garage to easily recycle your paper, plastic, cans, cardboard, etc.
- Start a compost bin at home for all your recycled food scraps. Your garden will thank you.
And, while you and your family are camping, hiking, or whatever you do to enjoy the great outdoors, think of ways to give back to our planet. I’d love to hear your ideas!
Brody and I decided to do number 4 above. Since we are at home a lot lately, we have an abundance of toilet paper rolls, so we used them, or should I say – reused them!
As we travel from one place to another, our responsibility towards the environment also increases. Caring about the environment we are presently in will ensure our actions will not threaten wildlife and surroundings.
Things Inside Nomadik Subscription Boxes
Each month, there’s something different in each box. The things below or just some of the items you’ll find. The number of items differs also.
- travel tips
- survival guides
- and more
Here’s a sneak peek into the JUNE Nomadik Subscription Box. Get ready for summer! Cool gadgets in this box for a killer adventure emergency kit.
What's on your mind today?