One of the most important road trip essentials for women is coffee. Do you agree?
Have you ever gone on long road trips where there were no restrooms for miles or the only bathroom available was just not up to par? Oh, I have. I always look for those signs that say, “Clean Restrooms.” I just returned from a road trip with my girlfriends, where between us three, we were equipped with essential road trip items. It’s a good idea to know about these road trip essentials for women that are the absolute must-haves. There are affiliate links in this post, and if one made a purchase, MTR would get a small commission with no extra charge to the consumer.
Road Trip Essentials For Women
Last week, Becky, Que, and I went on a road trip to Fayetteville, Arkansas, to attend the 5th Annual Megaphone Summit. Grapevine, TX to Fayetteville, Arkansas is about a 6-hour drive if traffic and construction aren’t factors. With Becky in the passenger seat, Que in the back with much space to herself, and I in the driver’s seat, we were packed and ready to go. Need I mention it took us well over 6 hours to get there? You know how it is when women get together – they talk, laugh, eat, drink and pee, right? Well, road trips are no different. The more water we drank, the more we had to find rest stops. Our long car ride turned into a “longer” car ride – but we had fun gabbing about everything.
So, we consider ourselves experienced road trippers because we’ve been on so many road trips for work and pleasure. Becky is from this area, so she road trips all the time with her family. So, we’ve decided there are necessary road trip essentials for women. The important things are listed first. Whether you’re going on a short USA road trip or a long cross-country road trip, these items should be with you because you never know if you’ll need them. Better to be safe – right? So, before you head out on the open road, make sure you stock the car with these travel essentials. It’s a good idea to use a car storage system to put most of these things in one place.
List Of Road Trip Essentials For Women
- First aid kit – include lip balm too!
- Spare tire – a flat tire can happen anywhere – make sure your spare is in the car and not flat!
- Roadside emergency kit
- Credit cards
- Change for toll roads and any extra cost that might come up.
- An actual paper map because you never know if you’re going to be in remote areas that offer no wifi. It happened to me when I drove to the Frio River.
- Toilet paper or cleaning wipes such as Goodwipes
- Hand sanitizer
- Travel pillow – especially if you’re riding in the back seat
- A phone charger that’s charged! And USB ports.
- Small cooler for cold drinks
- Save the earth – bring a reusable water bottle
- Coffee in your favorite travel mug
- Snacks such as protein bars and chocolate – you may not think chocolate is an essential item, but Que sure does!
- A comfortable vehicle or splurge for a rental car that’s comfortable for all passengers
- Extra clothing – i.e., a sweater if someone in the car has hot flashes from menopause (me). Sweaters are a must when you ride with me. Becky and Que both wore their sweaters the whole time because I need cool air, especially when those dreaded hot flashes arise. Did I mention I was the driver both there and back? The driver gets what she wants!!
- Funny Apps – Becky was snap chatting the whole way there.
- And of course, good music! Becky came prepared with her hip-hop music. Not my favorite, but I went along with it.
The above photo is of us three on our way home. A little tired and wiped out but ready for our 6+ hour road trip back home. We’ve got coffee in hand, chocolate & water in the ice chest, and wipes by our side – we are set for the long drive home.
Now that you know what road trip essentials for women are, your next road trip will be a breeze. Don’t forget your personal items. Women’s needs are much different than yours.