Kids and parents alike love to give and receive gifts for Valentine’s. I know I do. How about helping your kids make unique Valentine’s Day cards this year? Their classmates and teacher will love these paper heart Valentine’s Day cards.
Handmade Paper Heart Valentine’s Day Cards
Paper Heart Valentine’s Day Cards
- One sheet of two-sided 12 x 12 card stock or heavy two-sided decorative paper
- Glue dots or two-sided tape
- Paper cutter or a ruler & scissors
- stamp (optional)
- pen or pencil for writing
Makes twelve paper hearts
- Cut 12 1-in strips
- Fold each strip in the middle to make a crease – switching out the different designs on each side
- Put 2 glue dots in between the creased area about an inch up
- Then flip over sides and place 2 glue dots at the bottom inside to make the heart shape
- I wrote “to my friend” on one side and my son’s name on the other
Play with it and you’ll figure it out – I promise. I’m still trying
to find a way Brody can help me with this project though. I know it’s best that we let our little ones get their hands in crafting, especially when it’s for his friends, but I’m having a hard time with that. My boy is such a busy little kid that won’t sit still long enough.
I know a lot of you will go out and buy those darling mini Valentine cards to give out to your child’s class, and to be perfectly honest I would too if I wasn’t such a crafter. Plus I had time on my hands. But try your hand at these, and I think you’ll appreciate handmade Valentine’s Day cards a whole lot better.
I also made these cute Valentine treats to go along with the paper hearts. So each child got one paper heart and one treat bag with treats.
Enjoy your Valentine’s with your kids. I’ve started mine early and since I did, perhaps others can have time to make these cute simple Valentine’s cards and treats!!
Here’s another sweet craft for the teacher – Valentine Candy Cones