Are you getting a new puppy? Read this first to prepare yourself before bringing a new puppy home. New Puppy Essentials Preparing for A Puppy.
There’s a lot to prepare for when a new puppy comes to your home to live. They are very needy and lots of care (at first) is involved. In our case, we adopted two puppies from the Tzu Zoo Rescue Group. I took extra care in getting them their puppy essentials to make them feel at home.
New Puppy Essentials Preparing for A Puppy
- A secure place to stay – we chose a crate (make sure it’s big enough, but not too big)
- Blankets – we are using doll blankets
- Teething toys
- Good wholesome puppy food.
- A brush
- Food bowl
- Water bowl
- Puppy treats
I spent $133 on the above at PetSmart. Of course, the pet crate cost the most, but you can also find all kinds of pet crates on Wayfair too with free shipping.
Things to think about when bringing home a new puppy
- If you have two or more puppies – they will probably want their feeding bowl and water bowl.
- Check out Vets and have one picked out before your puppy comes home. Finding a good puppy doctor is vital when preparing for a puppy.
- Make sure you are aware that puppy/puppies cost a lot of money. Proper shots and care are a must.
- Make sure your backyard is secure, and there are no holes in the fences. They love to explore and escape!
- You may need a couple of pet gates to keep them from roaming the whole house. We use baby gates.
- If you have children – you may want to give them a talk about how to treat puppies.
- Find a large blanket to put over crate so your puppy can sleep.
- If adopting, make sure you know everything about the puppies and where they came from. However, that’s not always possible.
This is Cissy and Cody that we adopted from TZU ZOO. Arent’ they adorable?
Adopt, Don’t Buy Pets
I learned a little more about adopting versus buying from a pet store or a puppy mill.
- We saved two lives by doing so.
- My family gave two scared and shy dogs a home.
- Rescue pups need our love.
Please consider all options, then go out and get you some love.
You May Also Like