The Christmas Story – You know it as well as you know the Lord’s Prayer. This vision of baby Jesus in the manger, surrounded by shepherds and wise men, with a brilliant star overhead, is clear in your mind. BUT how well do you know The Christmas Story? Take this 10 Question Quiz.
FYI – the answers are at the bottom of this post – No Peeking ~~~
How Well Do You Know The Christmas Story?
There were three wise men, right? Wrong. Mary rode a donkey, right? Wrong. The cattle were lowing in the stable where Jesus was born, right? Wrong. All these details, although they may have possibly occurred, are not revealed in the Bible. They are add-ons which serve to make the story more visible in our imagination. Regardless, the story as told in the Bible is awe-inspiring to many.
Here’s a short quiz to test your knowledge. Have fun and learn some more about “the greatest story ever told.”
- Besides Mary and Joseph, what persons does the Bible record as seeing baby Jesus first? a) shepherds b) wise men c) temple workers d) innkeepers
- The town Joseph and Mary lived in before Jesus’ birth was: a) Bethlehem b) Jerusalem c) Nazareth
- The wise men found Jesus in a: a) house b) stable c) temple
- The wise men came to visit Jesus when he was: a) two days old b) two weeks to two months old c) closer to two years old d) more than two years old
- The Bible says Jesus was born: a) December 25th b) in the winter c) it doesn’t say
- The wise men brought gifts to: a) Jesus b) Mary c) Mary and Joseph d) all of the above
- The angel who announced to Mary that she would be the mother of Jesus was: a) Gabriel b) Michael c) unknown
- Who ordered all the baby boys in and around Bethlehem killed? a) Cyrenius b) Caesar Augustus c) Herod
- Who was the first woman, besides Mary to see Jesus first? a) Martha b) Elizabeth c) Anna
- When the king sought to kill baby Jesus, where did Joseph and Mary take him? a) Galilee b) Judea c) Egypt
- a) shepherds
- c) Nazareth
- b) stable
- a) two days old
- a) December 25th
- a) Jesus
- a) Gabriel
- c) Herod
- a) Martha
- c) Egypt
Did you know all the answers? How many did you get right?
Disclosure: I do not know where this came from. I’ve had a printed copy of this for years and ran across it while unpacking Christmas decor and thought it would be fun to post it on my blog for my readers. How Well Do You Know The Christmas Story?
You May Also Like