Go ahead, spoil your dog this holiday season because there’s nothing better than their love. After all, they are family and Christmas wouldn’t be the same without them. Check out these holiday gifts for your dog and make sure they have presents under the tree too!
Disclosure: Some links are my affiliate links, which means FGM will receive a small commission if any link is clicked and purchases are made. There is no extra fee to the consumer for using these links. Thank you.
Holiday Gifts for Your Dog
Our 4-legged friends love us unconditionally and that’s the best gift of all. So, let’s shower them with holiday gifts too!
Nutritional dog food, treats, supplements, and dental all made in the USA for your family dog. Also available – dog collars, bowls, and wearables for the humans!
Most Common Ingredients to Avoid in Pet Food
TruDog compiled this list for my use and tells why these ingredients should be a cause for concern among pet owners.
- Butylated Hydroxyanisole (BHA) and Butylated Hydroxytoluene (BHT) are preservative chemicals added to the fats in kibble that you don’t want to see in the ingredients list. This nasty chemical has been proven to be a carcinogen and causes kidney and liver damage to rats, mice, and hamsters.
- Propylene Glycol is a moistening agent found in some soft dog food and treats and is chemically derived from Ethylene Glycol, also known as antifreeze, which is extremely toxic to animals.
- Artificial Colors and Food Dyes – Artificial colors have been linked to hyperactivity as well as irritating allergies in pets.
- Rendered Animal Fats is a very low-quality ingredient in dog foods. It’s animal fat that comes from unidentified animals – like roadkill, euthanized animals, and the like. It is often rancid, and its inclusion in your pet’s food means that other questionable ingredients, such as non-descript “flavor” will be added to cover up the taste.
- Vegetable/Canola Oil – While vegetables and fats are vital to a proper diet, this oil isn’t the right way to go about supplying it to your pup. Vegetable Oil is loaded with high levels of Omega 6 fatty acids. These fatty acids are the ones responsible for inflammation, and an excess of these fats can exacerbate arthritis, hip and joint problems, and a slew of other medical conditions.
Check your dog food and keep an eye out for these above red-flag ingredients.
Monthly Subscription Box for Dogs
Subscription boxes are big with humans. Now, you can buy a monthly subscription box of homemade dog treats with natural ingredients and fun dog toys for your dog.
BoxDog is a subscription with four boxes per year, renews quarterly. Cancel or skip a box anytime.
Current Deal with BoxDog $10 FIRST BOX!! Use code Holiday10 – Expires 4/1/2020.
“Our chef-made treats are irresistible. 100% handmade with natural ingredients and placed in recyclable packaging. Good for the environment, good for your pup.”
Cissy and Cody enjoyed their first BoxDog box.
What’s in the Winter BoxDog Box
“We’ve got all new toys, treats, and apparel for your pup to keep them warm and merry this winter season!”
The Winter BoxDog Subscription box includes:
- One apparel (you choose the size)
- Several homemade dog treats
- Dog toy
- Moisturizing Paw Butter for cracked and chapped paws
- a soft and comfy red blanket
Get your first BoxDog subscription box for only $10! Enter code HOLIDAY10 at checkout – Ends 04/01/20
Raw Paws Pet Food
A family-owned business making a difference in how our dogs eat raw food. They help their customers with planning meals, feeding consultations, offers friendly customer service, and has free nationwide shipping available. I’ve been quite happy working with them over the course of a year.
Here’s 10% off for my readers only that you can use right now. Use GREEN10 at Raw Paws Pet for 10% off. Offer expires Dec. 31, 2020. See other holiday deals and coupon codes below.
Our Jett Jett loves Raw Paws Bully Sticks!
All-natural Recyclable Puppy Potty
Many people will be buying puppies this holiday season, and those puppies will need to be potty trained.
Have you heard of Bark Potty? It replaces pee pads in a “green” way. I wished I had thought of this when our dogs were puppies. None-the-less, a dog park in a box is my recommendation for holiday gifts for your dog or puppy in this case.
Why Bark Potty is better than pee pads
- saves you money
- attacks and inhibits odor
- puppies love the natural outdoor smell, so it’s easy to train
- replace monthly, not every day
- no leaking
- no mess; unique netting holds litter in place
- recyclable; just place in your recycling bin
- poo bags included with every box
- a great way to live a green life
To get to know more about Bark Potty, check out more about why Bark Potty is better than pee pads.
You May Also Like