These holiday gifts for your dog will make you happy too!
Go ahead, spoil your dog this holiday season because there’s nothing better than their love. After all, they are family, and Christmas wouldn’t be the same without them. Check out these holiday gifts for your dog and make sure they have presents under the tree too!
Disclosure: Some links are affiliate links, which means MTR will receive a small commission if any purchases are made. There is no extra fee to the consumer for using these links. Thank you.
Holiday Gifts for Your Dog
Our 4-legged friends love us unconditionally, and that’s the best gift of all. So, let’s shower them with holiday gifts too!
Nutritional dog food, treats, supplements, and dental are all USA-made for your family dog. Also available – dog collars, bowls, and wearables for humans!
Most Common Ingredients to Avoid in Pet Food
TruDog compiled this list for my use and tells why these ingredients should cause concern among pet owners.
- Butylated Hydroxyanisole (BHA) and Butylated Hydroxytoluene (BHT) are preservative chemicals added to the fats in kibble that you don’t want to see in the ingredients list. This nasty chemical has been proven to be a carcinogen and causes kidney and liver damage to rats, mice, and hamsters.
- Propylene Glycol is a moistening agent found in some soft dog food and treats and is chemically derived from Ethylene Glycol, also known as antifreeze, which is highly toxic to animals.
- Artificial Colors and Food Dyes – Artificial colors have been linked to hyperactivity and irritating allergies in pets.
- Rendered Animal Fats are a very low-quality ingredient in dog foods. It’s animal fat from unidentified animals – like roadkill, euthanized animals, and the like. It is often rancid, and its inclusion in your pet’s food means that other questionable ingredients, such as non-descript “flavor,” will be added to cover up the taste.
- Vegetable/Canola Oil – While vegetables and fats are vital to a proper diet, this oil isn’t the right way to go about supplying it to your pup. Vegetable Oil is loaded with high levels of Omega 6 fatty acids. These fatty acids are responsible for inflammation, and an excess of these fats can exacerbate arthritis, hip and joint problems, and a slew of other medical conditions.
Check your dog food and keep an eye out for these above red-flag ingredients.
Raw Paws Pet Food
Raw Paws is a family-owned business making a difference in how our dogs eat raw food. They help their customers with planning meals, feeding consultations, offer friendly customer service, and have free nationwide shipping available. I’ve been quite happy working with them for a year.
Here’s 10% off for my readers only that you can use right now.
Our Jett Jett loves Raw Paws Bully Sticks!
All-natural Recyclable Puppy Potty
Many people will be buying puppies this holiday season, and those puppies will need to be Potty trained.
Have you heard of Bark Potty? It replaces pee pads in a “green” way. I wished I had thought of this when our dogs were puppies. Nonetheless, a dog park in a box is my recommendation for holiday gifts for your dog or puppy in this case.
Why Bark Potty is better than pee pads
- saves you money
- attacks and inhibits odor
- puppies love the natural outdoor smell, so it’s easy to train
- replace monthly, not every day
- no leaking
- no mess; unique netting holds litter in place
- recyclable; place in your recycling bin
- poo bags included with every box
- a great way to live a green life
To get to know more about Bark Potty, check out more about why Bark Potty is better than pee pads.