June is blackberry season, and since it’s blackberry season, let’s make dessert! What desserts will you make with all those blackberries available to you? Whether you picked them from your own blackberry bush(es) or bought a few from a farmers market stand, here are 12 healthy blackberry desserts to make this summer.
Here are 12 healthy blackberry desserts to make all year long.
Are you wild about blackberries? Baking with blackberries when they are freshly grown is the best time for optimal taste & nutrition. Although June is blackberry season, I start seeing my blackberry bushes produce big good juicing ones at the end of May.
My two bushes are full, and I have more desserts to make. I’ve already made one dessert this year (it’s number 1) and can’t wait to try a few of these other desserts too. Check out this blackberry roundup and choose a few recipes to make this summer, especially the homemade ice pops! Those are super easy and so refreshing on a hot summer day.
12 Healthy Blackberry Desserts
Several of these blackberry dessert recipes are mine, and the others are from food bloggers around the world. Enjoy all these healthy blackberry desserts! All recipes use better-for-you ingredients.
- Blackberry Clafoutis Dessert – my very best dessert
- Blackberry Ginger Galette (GF & Paleo) by Savory Lotus
- Raw Vegan Blackberry Cheesecake Bars by One Clever Chef
- Nectarine Banana Blackberry Homemade Ice Pops by Know Your Produce
- Easy Paleo Blackberry Crumble is a favorite of my readers.
- Paleo Blackberry Cobbler in a Mug by A Girl Worth Savings
- Blackberry Lemon Poppy Seed Crumble (GF) by Moon and Spoon and Yum
- Blackberry Coconut Fat Bombs (Keto & Paleo) by Low Carb Yum
- Custard Pie with Blackberries (Keto) by Joy Filled Eats
- Gluten-free Blackberry Crisp for Two by My Gluten-Free Kitchen
- Healthy Homemade Raw Blackberry Jam – so good and so healthy, and everyone will love it!
- Here is a roundup of 10 healthy blackberry breakfasts
If you’re lucky enough to grow your blackberries, or you can pick them at a blackberry farm, be sure to grab a bunch so you can freeze them for later. You’ll know precisely where they came from and how fresh they are. Blackberries will last at least three full months in the freezer, if not longer. Mine never last that long.
Don’t forget to label your bag(s) before placing them in the freezer.