Tea parties are so much fun for little girls as well as for us grown-ups. Tea parties are typically for a small group of little girls and serve lots of fun pastries and cakes. But what about your gluten-free friends? I have made the best gluten-free lavender tea party muffins for your tea party or to take with you if you get invited to one. Enjoy!
Gluten-Free Lavender Tea Party Muffins
Yields 12 small tea party muffins
- 1 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- Two eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla exact
- One tbs melted coconut oil
- Four drops doTerra Lavender essential oil
- 1 tbsp culinary lavender buds (optional)
- One tbs sugar (for sprinkling on top)
- culinary lavender buds for sprinkling on top
- Mix the first seven ingredients – leaving out the coconut oil and lavender oil – in a medium bowl.
- Next, in a small bowl or cup, mix the coconut oil and lavender oil then add to mixture. It’s always best to add essential oils with something else instead of dropping it straight into the mixture so it gets distributed all around and not just in one or two spots.
- Stir all ingredients thoroughly.
- Add in culinary lavender buds if using.
- Pour batter into muffin pan lined with paper liners. I used small paper cups that I bought on Tuesday Morning. Fill cups evenly. To make six large muffins, use more giant liners, and fill 2/3 full.
- After mixing the sugar and extra lavender buds, sprinkle on top of each muffin.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
Gently stir in lavender buds if you’re using them. You don’t have to put in too much as they will give your muffins an extra “lavender” taste.
**Be sure to add the essential oil to coconut oil THEN pour into the mixture – doing it this way will make sure the EO’s get distributed evenly into the mix.
You may also like