Choosing to eat gluten-free is a choice for many people, including me. It’s truly the only way I like to bake my desserts. Today, I compiled all the gluten-free desserts that I’ve made thus far into this Gluten-Free Dessert Recipe Roundup.
Gluten-Free Dessert Recipe Roundup
I’ve been baking gluten-free for at least seven years now, and although I do use wheat flour in some of my baking goods, I can’t seem to part with baking gluten-free. A while back, I had a test done to see if I was gluten insensitive – happy to say I am not. However, I try not to eat too much wheat products, which leads me back to making my gluten-free desserts.
To me, gluten-free desserts taste just as good as desserts using wheat flour. Sometimes though, if you don’t get the recipe just right, it can come out too dry. Baking gluten-free (especially if you are making up the recipe) can take some trial and error. Enjoy this gluten-free recipe roundup made up of all recipes I have here on my blog. I may add more from time to time.
Gluten-Free Desserts from Forever Gren Mom
- Chunky Almond Chocolate Cookies – these are the BEST cookies I have ever made. I’ve made them many times. They are also Dairy-Free.
- Decadent Chocolate Brownies – to die for, also grain-Free
- Coconut Lemon Cupcakes – light and airy and moist inside
- Gluten-Free Muesli Cookies – perfect for dunking
- Lavender Tea Party Muffins – perfect for a little girl’s tea party
- Raw Blueberry Jam – only three healthy ingredients
- Ginger-Walnut Cookies – also Dairy-Free
- Chocolatey Pecan Brownies – pecans in brownies are one of my favs – oh, and with lots of chocolate too!
- Almond Oat Bran Muffins – not all GF products are good for you, but if you bake them yourself, then you’ll know. These muffins are great for breakfast or anytime.
- Southern Style Gluten-free Banana Nut Muffins – I did not skimp on the butter and sugar on this recipe!
- Cherry-Almond Almond Butter Cookies – when it’s cherry season, you make cookies with cherries!!
- Gluten-free Dairy-free Frozen Cashew Cluster Cookie – these yummy cookies are semi-homemade with ICE CREAM!
- Almond Oatmeal Dark Chocolate Cookies – the combination of almonds, oatmeal, and dark chocolate makes a wonderful cookie!
- Chocolate Chunk Cookies – big chunks of chocolate in every bite
- Healthy Brownie Bites with Medjool Dates – one of my latest and trendy desserts among my readers
And, here’s a Gluten-free Pizza Crust – healthiest GF pizza crust you’ll ever make and a Gluten-free Sweet Blackberry Quiche – made with fresh blackberries from my backyard blackberry bushes. You’re welcome!
What is Gluten?
I’m sure you all know what gluten is by now, but for the ones who might not, here’s a good explanation.
Gluten is a protein that is in wheat, barley, and rye. It’s a hard protein to digest for some people and can give some a stomach ache to a severe allergic reaction.
Growers started putting gluten in grains in 1990, so some of us were not raised eating gluten as much as today’s kids are. I did not, but I have gotten plenty of it, and I try not to eat it – but that’s so hard to do. Too much gluten can bloat your stomach and can cause constipation. I lived with constipation for over thirty years. Look it up for more clarification.
I have to add that while eating gluten-free foods has its benefits, it is still necessary to read the ingredients on the packages. Some gluten-free companies add junk to their foods. So, if that’s the case, and you are not gluten intolerant or sensitive, you’re better off going with something else that has “better for you” ingredients.
How do I know if I Am Gluten Intolerant?
I’ve shared an article about this on my blog a couple of years back. Here it is if you would like to know some of the symptoms – 10 Signs You Are Gluten Intolerant.
Also, there are two companies that I’m an affiliate with and that I have tried their foods. Snap Kitchen is a meal prep company that deliveries your meals to you if you’re in their delivery area. If not, you go pick up your meals. Seven Sister Scones makes gluten-free foods are mailed out to you in cute boxes. I’ve tried their scones, and they are great! Since these are affiliate links, FGM would get a small commission at no extra cost to the purchaser if anyone was to order from them.