Dogs are so easy to satisfy, and they make us happy, so why not give them a well-earned summer treat. How about a “special” treat like these DIY dog frozen yogurt sandwiches I made my dogs? I promise these treats will have your dogs jumping for joy and wagging their tails, which, in return, will create a little joy in your life. This post is sponsored by WellPet but the content and opinions expressed here are my own.
DIY Dog Frozen Yogurt Sandwiches
We spend hours in the kitchen, creating and cooking for our family, but not always for our dogs. So, today I want to show you how simple it is to create a yummy dog treat for your four-legged friends – after all, dogs are not just our friends, they are our family.
When I treat our dogs with special snacks like these frozen yogurt sandwiches, it gives me makes me happy to see them so happy. Snack time doesn’t always have to be with a special treat like these snacks filled with human-grade foods I made, but a special treat here and there never hurts anyone, not even our pups. What’s better on a hot summer day than a frozen treat? I can’t think of anything.
Summer is here, and it’s hot! Surprise your dog(s) with something cold, fresh, and yummy for their tummies! I’ve spent enough time creating recipes with our backyard blackberries, and with blueberries that we hand-picked from a nearby farm, it’s now time to create an excellent semi-homemade all-natural snack for our dogs. So, let’s go!
How to Make Frozen Yogurt Sandwiches for Your Dog
You will need:
Makes a lot of treats!
- (1) 5.3 oz plain Greek yogurt (no added sweeteners)
- One banana, cut in pieces
- A handful of blueberries or any other fresh fruit that your dogs like
- Old Mother Hubbard All-Natural Dog Treats (any variety, any size) available at Walmart. I used Classic P-NUTTIER and Classic ORIGINAL Assortment.
- Using a blender, blend or puree yogurt, banana pieces, and blueberries until the mixture is blended and smooth.
- Transfer yogurt mixture to a bowl with a lid, and place in the freezer until thoroughly set, but not too frozen.
- Sandwich the yogurt mixture between two small or mini Old Mother Hubbard all-natural dog snacks. I used the small size for my big Lab, and the mini size is perfect for my littles.
- Feed the frozen yogurt sandwiches to your dog(s) outside and watch tails wag and tongues come out! You can jump for joy too!
This recipe makes a lot of dog treats. You can make them all into frozen yogurt sandwiches and freeze them to serve another day, or you can even eat the yogurt mixture because, well, it’s food humans can eat too!
My dogs, Jett, Cody, and Cissy love to get special treats, and momma is always looking for healthy ones to give them. I choose Old Mother Hubbard because their biscuits are all-natural and do not contain any artificial ingredients – only wholesome ingredients. That’s something to jump for joy about.
Oh, my dogs just couldn’t wait to receive their special snack. Watch this short video below to see their tails wag for doggie treats! It was so hard for Jett to sit before he received his bite.
Now, it’s your turn. After seeing these fun dog frozen yogurt sandwiches that I made, what’s another “special” dog treat can you think of to make with Old Mother Hubbard’s all-natural dog snacks? Go ahead and create some joy in your house – click on the link below to purchase Old Mother Hubbard dog snacks in-store or using Online Grocery Pickup at Walmart.
Click on the link below to purchase Old Mother Hubbard dog treats in-store or using Online Grocery Pickup at Walmart.
Cissy and Cody are our rescue dogs. Check out these 5 Top Reasons to Adopt a Pet, then consider adopting your next pet.