It’s not a holiday get together without someone bringing a loaf of homemade banana bread. How about this year you bring the bread? Boost it up a notch for a healthier slice for everyone? Here is my Banana Pumpkin Bread Healthier Recipe to share.
Banana Pumpkin Bread Healthier Recipe
I took an old recipe from an old cookbook, added pumpkin, and tweaked the ingredients to make this Banana Pumpkin Bread healthier recipe for you and me.
This banana pumpkin bread is moist and not overly sweet. That way you can enjoy other desserts. That’s the plan anyway!
Did you know that the riper the bananas are, the sweeter they are? That’s your natural sugars working for you.
Keep in mind that both banana and pumpkin are fantastic at keeping baked goods moist and sweet, so with these two in the same recipe, you can’t go wrong.
Banana Pumpkin Bread recipe with healthier ingredients
This banana pumpkin bread recipe will be the simplest dessert you’ve ever made. I’m all about fewer steps when creating recipes. I think you’ll agree with me on this one.
Homemade Banana Pumpkin Bread Healthier Recipe
You can now enjoy your favorite holiday banana pumpkin bread using healthier ingredients. "Another slice, please."
- 1/3 cup Organic Coconut Oil
- 1/4 cup Coconut Sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 1-3/4 cups Bob's Red Mill Unbleached White All-purpose Flour
- 1 tsp baking powder aluminum-free
- 1/2 tsp baking soda aluminum-free
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice *see below how to make your own
- 3/4 cup mashed ripe bananas 2 large (overripe the better)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cream together the coconut oil, coconut sugar, and honey.
3. Add eggs and beat well.
4. Add dry ingredients one at a time starting with the flour to the creamed mixture and blend well.
5. Drop in mashed bananas and pumpkin puree and blend well.
6. Next, Pour into four greased mini loaf pans.
7. Bake for 40 mins or until toothpick comes out clean.
8. Let cool for about 5 mins before taking them out of the pan.
9. Let cool completely on a wire rack.
In case you were wondering, this loaf pan is from Pampered Chef. It's the best way to bake mini loaves.
How to make Homemade Pumpkin Spice
1 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp ginger, 1/4 tsp allspice, 1/4 tsp nutmeg
(makes 2 teaspoons)
4 Mini Loaves of Bread to Share
Though I love to make a big loaf of homemade bread to share with family, however, this time, I’ve made four mini loaves for a good reason. My neighbor lost his wife last week, and I want to go over there to give him my condolences and some homemade bread. Well, my son and I went by there yesterday to visit with him, and he said, “Now, what is your last name?” He forgot who I was, or didn’t remember me.
So, with the holidays here and your baking is up a notch, make it homemade, but most importantly, make it healthier!
Now, for some really good sconces (I may have had several of these :)), check out Seven Sisters Scones
You May Also Like