Is your family continuously getting sick and giving it to everyone in the house over and over again? If so, you may need to clean your home from top to bottom. Here are 15 ways to detox your home.
15 Ways to Detox Your Home
Get out the white vinegar or buy a gallon of it. It’s going to help get your home in tip-top shape so you and your family can get well and stay well. Have you ever given your home a detox? I don’t mean a spring clean or a deep clean. I’m talking about a clean that takes away those awful germs once and for all!
I wanted to write about this because it seems like everyone around us is getting sick. And when they do, they hand it off to someone else in their household. My grandkids for instance – seem like there’s always someone getting sick and it just spreads on to the next person. Brody started Kindergarten this year, and just about every kid in his classroom has been ill at least two times already. Brody, (knock on wood) has yet to be sick.
So, we are either lucky that Brody hasn’t gotten sick yet because Lord knows there are lots of germs going around in that Kindergarten room, or can I say that I pride myself on keeping a clean home? Now, my house may be cluttered at times, but it’s clean. I try to clean something every day.
I don’t mean to sound like June Cleaver with her spot clean home because I’m not. Right now my window seals and blinds are filthy and my baseboards could use a wipe or two.
Detox Your Home with These Tips
This list might be overwhelming, so take your time and do 1 or 2 a day until you’ve completed the list. Trust me; it’s a chore.
- Air out your house – open the windows if it’s not too cold outside. Do this right now only if your household keeps getting sick otherwise, skip it if it’s too cold out.
- Start in the kitchen – clean the outside of your cabinets, microwave, frig, dishwasher – everything – we touch these every day, so germs are being left daily.
- Windows – Inside and out. I get mine professionally cleaned. It doesn’t as much as you might think. I believe I can do my whole house for $100. I do have a small house though.
- Curtains and Blinds – wash/clean
- Clean the A/C vents – I also have a huge A/C vent in my hallway, and I took that sucker off and cleaned it good in the kitchen sink.
- Clean your toilets with bleach. At night, pour a glass of white vinegar into your toilet. Scrub. Leave in until morning OR if stubborn stains are still there, clean with bleach – that will surely work.
- Clean the inside of your washing machine. Pour a glass of white vinegar and a little bleach (if you want) into your washing machine and run a complete cycle. Don’t forget to clean the outside too, and while you’re at it, clean the outside of the dryer and vents in the back.
- Clean your cleaning supplies and the area where you store them.
- Don’t forget the doorknobs! We touch these multiple times a day. While you’re at it – wipe down switch plates and All knobs you touch every day.
- Change bedding NOW and more often. Includes pillows, comforter, etc.
- Clean and disinfect all indoor garbage cans.
- Clean and clean often all cell phones & home phones – especially teenagers’ phones
- Look for cobwebs hidden in the corners of your house and whack ’em.
- Clean your baseboards well.
- Clean your fans too!!
The above (in my opinion) are the best ways to detox your home. However, some of these chores I do every day. I pretty much clean my kitchen and bathrooms every day. I’m always wiping something down.
You May Also Like