Here are 12 roasted pumpkin seed recipes that will surely get you fired up!
When was the last time you saved those slimy pumpkin seeds after carving your pumpkin? Never – what? Well, this time, keep your seeds so you can make these roasted pumpkin seed recipes. I know you’ll find a couple here that you will like or love!
Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
Roasting pumpkin seeds is a family tradition in many households. Not mine, though. I don’t remember cooking, roasting, or baking them when I was a kid, but I do remember carving out an ugly face in the backyard and getting those slimy pumpkin seeds everywhere, including on me! But you know, roasting pumpkin seeds would be a marvelous tradition to start, and then you could also make recipes with your kids. That’s a double tradition in one.
Well, hey, did you know pumpkin seeds (also known as “pepita in Spanish”) are full of nutrients? They are, and they’re also known to help prevent cancer, but I’m not going there – because everything these days either cause cancer or helps prevent it. Right?
Related: Homemade Pumpkin Pie Filling
What Are the Benefits of Pumpkin Seeds?
- High in Antioxidants
- Very High in Magnesium
- High in Fiber
So, let’s get roasting! Oh, and before you look at these recipes, you may want to know the best way to roast pumpkin seeds. Here you go!
How To Roast Pumpkin Seeds
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Clean pumpkin seeds by removing the pulp and strings, and make sure to pat the seeds dry. The dryer the seeds, the better the crisp!
- Combine melted butter or olive oil with salt and your favorite spices in a bowl, such as pumpkin spice or cinnamon. Use 2 tbsp of butter for every 1 cup of seeds.
- Toss mixture with seeds until well coated.
- Grease a baking sheet lay down parchment paper and lay seeds in a single layer on top.
- Bake for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Roasted Pumpkin Seed Recipes
- Maple Bacon Pumpkin Seeds by Swanky Recipes
- Sugar and Spice Pumpkin Seeds by Sugar, Spice and Family Life
- Herb Roasted Pumpkin Seeds by Happy Hour Projects
- Garlic Pepper Pumpkin Seeds by Trish Sutton
- Spice Roasted Pumpkin Seeds by My Crazy Good Life
- Garlic Roast Pumpkin Seeds by Frugal Family Fun
- Sweet or Salty Pumpkin Seeds by Homemade Food Junkie
- Ranch Pumpkin Seeds by Savory Experiments
- 6 Ways to Roast Pumpkin Seeds by Wholefully
- Perfect Pumpkin Seeds by Practically Functional
- Roast Pumpkin Seeds by Kennary
- Easy Roasted Pumpkin Seeds by Walking on Sunshine
Okay, have you found your favorite? Which pumpkin seed recipes will you try today? My son is begging me to help him carve his pumpkin that he picked out at Central Market this past weekend, so I’d better choose a few too. Everyone here does it differently, so be sure to look at all the recipes before choosing one or two to make.
It’s the perfect time to start a family tradition by first carving a pumpkin, then choosing one or two of these roasted pumpkin seed recipes to make. Have fun!