When was the last time you saved those slimy pumpkin seeds after carving your pumpkin? Never – what? Well, this time, keep your seeds so you can make these 12 roasted pumpkin seed recipes. I know you’ll find a couple in here that you will like or love!
12 Roasted Pumpkin Seed Recipes
Roasting pumpkin seeds is a family tradition in many households. Not mine, though. I don’t remember cooking them when I was a kid, but I do remember carving out an ugly face in the backyard, and getting those slimy pumpkin seeds everywhere, including on me! But you know, roasting pumpkin seeds would be a great tradition to start, and then you could also make recipes with your kids. That’s a double tradition in one, don’t you think?
Well, hey, did you know pumpkin seeds (also known as “pepita in Spanish”) are full of nutrients? They are, and they’re also known to help prevent cancer, but I’m not going there – because everything these days either cause cancer or helps prevent it. Right?
Benefits of Pumpkin Seeds
- High in Antioxidants
- Very High in Magnesium
- High in Fiber
So, let’s get roasting! Oh, and before you look at these recipes, you may want to know the best way to roast pumpkin seeds. Here you go!
How to Roast Pumpkin Seeds
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Clean pumpkin seeds by removing the pulp and strings. Make sure to pat seeds dry. The dryer the seeds, the better the crisp!
- In a bowl, combine melted butter or olive oil with salt and your favorite spices, such as pumpkin spice or cinnamon. Use 2 tbsp of butter for every 1 cup of seeds.
- Toss mixture with seeds until well coated.
- Grease a baking sheet, then lay down parchment paper, then lay seeds in a single layer on top.
- Bake 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Roasted Pumpkin Seed Recipes
- Maple Bacon Pumpkin Seeds by Swanky Recipes
- Sugar and Spice Pumpkin Seeds by Sugar, Spice and Family Life
- Herb Roasted Pumpkin Seeds by Happy Hour Projects
- Garlic Pepper Pumpkin Seeds by Trish Sutton
- Spice Roasted Pumpkin Seeds by My Crazy Good Life
- Garlic Roast Pumpkin Seeds by Frugal Family Fun
- Sweet or Salty Pumpkin Seeds by Homemade Food Junkie
- Ranch Pumpkin Seeds by Savory Experiments
- 6 Ways to Roast Pumpkin Seeds by Wholefully
- Perfect Pumpkin Seeds by Practically Functional
- Roast Pumpkin Seeds by Kennary
- Easy Roasted Pumpkin Seeds by Walking on Sunshine
Okay, have you found your favorite? Which pumpkin seed recipes will you try today? My son is begging me to carve his pumpkin that he picked out at Central Market this past weekend, so I’d better choose a few too. Everyone here does it a bit differently, so be sure to look at all the recipes before choosing one or two to make.
It’s the perfect time to start a family tradition by first, carving a pumpkin, then choosing one or two of these roasted pumpkin seed recipes to make. Have fun!
You May Also Like