It’s undoubtedly the worst of times we are in right now. I know you all, as well as me, are spending quite a bit of time, if not all the time, in our homes. Well, I say there’s no better time to reflect on self-care than now. I’ve come up with 12 Days of Self-Care at Home to help you in these uncertain times we are facing. FGM was sent a complimentary set of organic cotton natural sheets to help facilitate this post.
This post contains affiliate links. That means if you click on my link and buy something, I will earn a small commission from the advertiser at no additional cost to you.
How are you self-caring these days? I know for me, trying to school my 10-year-old at home is the hardest part of all this. It’s so easy for him to get off track, and when he does, I get mad. So, practicing self-care is vital to my well being. I’ve thought and thought about things I could do to help my situation, and have listed the important ones below. I hope you find these self-care tips to be soothing and meaningful. AND, if you have any advice for me to help my son with his school work, let me know!
12 Days of Self-Care at Home
Besides the fact that I was sent organic cotton bedding to share with you all in the post, I am pretty much an organic product queen. I try to buy organic foods, especially the current dirty dozen list, and that goes for organic cotton towels too. If I had it my way, everything in my home would be organic in some capacity, but my husband won’t have that.
Grab a cup of hot tea and go over the below self-care tips and start at least one today. You’ll be glad you indulged.
12 Days of Self-Care Rituals
- Take a warm bath (even if you’re not a bath person) and sit in the tub for at least 20 minutes or so. If you’re crafty, make these homemade bath bombs first. If not, maybe pour some Epsom salt in your bath water before you step in.
- Find a comfy spot, make some warm tea, and read your favorite magazines such as Bella Grace Magazine or a romance novel.
- Go ahead and indulge – order yourself organic cotton bed sheets and cozy up.
- Take a walk around the block, and if you have a dog, take him or her with you. They need to walk too.
- Go outside in your backyard with your shoes off to feel the grass between your toes.
- Make something fun (even if you’re not the crafty type). Everyone has some sort of creativity in themselves!
- Make this Coconut Mango Healthy Smoothie just for yourself…and don’t share it with anyone!
- Clean out a closet. You’ll feel better knowing you’re somewhat organized.
- Attend a free virtual webinar on self-care. Nowadays, there are plenty available.
- Moisturize your entire body with your nighttime face cream – this might be a little expensive, but you may need the moisture all over your body, not just your face. Have you ever done this?
- Start an indoor herb garden and watch it grow. I am doing this now, and I love to see those seeds sprout out. It makes me happy.
- Lastly, start planning what you are going to do once the pandemic is over. That is if you haven’t already.
These days we can’t take a thing for granted, but we can take care of ourselves while being stuck at home. Indulge in these 12 days of self-care at home.
American Blossom includes four pillowcases with their queen and king organic sheet sets. They also offer free shipping and include with every order two herbal teas for your enjoyment while cozying up in your new organic cotton sheets.