If there’s one thing in life I want to accomplish, it is to make sure my family lives a long healthy life. That’s why I came up with these 10 healthy habits my family does every day. For more than I want for myself, I want to make sure my son is healthy and happy and makes good choices.
I did not choose any habits I don’t do myself. There are a few that we struggle with, but for the most part, my husband, son, and I do them all – every day! I just want to feel good every day and be the best I can be, and that goes for my family too.
10 Healthy Habits My Family Does Every Day
- Drink water, never soda. When I met my husband 15 years ago, all he drank was coke. He now won’t even touch it. Instead, he orders tea, and I order water most of the time. I like tea too. We order Brody lemonade or water.
- Keep regular bedtime hours. We go to bed at the same time each night, and we wake up every morning at the same time, even on weekends. I know, sounds boring but it’s true.
- Take vitamins and supplements. We all take daily vitamins, and I take supplements, which include a probiotic and Omega 3’s—still trying to get my husband to remember to take his.
- Eat fruits and vegetables at every meal. Okay, we are working on this one. But, it’s a workable goal for us.
- Wash hands. All the time. I’m regularly washing my hands and making Brody clean his. We honestly rarely get colds and the flu.
- Wear sunscreen. My son also wears a swim shirt.
- Floss. My son and I are pros at this, but I’m still trying to get my husband to do it, but hey, he’s an adult, so there’s only so much I can say to him, right?
- Eat dinner as a family. Dinner might be in the den or the kitchen at our small table with only two stools, but we eat together.
- Play and Exercise. Our son plays, Tracy walks 3 miles in the mornings, and me – well, I’m trying to walk every morning after I take my son to school.
- We kiss and hug each other. Yes, that’s a healthy habit of doing. We kiss Brody good night, good morning, and any time I can!! Tracy and I kiss goodnight and good-bye for the day. Marriage is hard, but we try to show Brody that is workable, and we love each other no matter what.
I wish I could say we pray, but we got out of the habit of doing so. I use to pray with Brody to bless all of our family members and our family who are in heaven. We want Brody to know that God exists, and God loves us, and God is good.
Oh, and by the way, these photos are our family photos taken in New Mexico this past summer. Amanda Photography did an excellent job.
What’s one of the 10 healthy habits my family does every day that you do too?
You May Also Like